There is a reason why landlords want Pacific Workplaces to operate a Workplace-as-a-Service™ location in their office building development. It works! Pacific Workplaces is actively seeking new partnerships with landlords to develop and operate on-demand office and coworking places, particularly in the West Coast.
Typical specs for the space would include:
- Between 5,000 and 10,000 square feet
- Class A or B Buildings
- Big open area + meeting rooms + a few private offices + kitchen area
- Preferably in a downtown setting or in a large mixed use development (with a strong retail component)
- Ground floor, visible at street level
- 24 hour access
- Preferably Fiber
Conference & Virtual Office Center
- Between 4,000 and 8,000 square feet
- Class A Buildings
- Easy access to all tenants and to visitors
- High built-out
- Front Desk/Lobby area + various size meeting rooms + day offices + mail box area
Serviced Office Space (hybrid coworking/office business center)
- Between 10,000 and 30,000 square feet of contiguous space
- Class A or Class B+ Buildings
- High density of private offices
- 2nd generation space possible, such as space vacated by a Law Firm
Pacific Workplaces is an operator of On-demand office spaces. We partner with Landlords under Management Contracts, Joint ventures, Participating Leases, or we can bring investors in, who will underwrite a master lease under a traditional lease, depending upon landlord’s preference. For more information or if you would like us to conduct a feasibility study on your location, please contact us at [email protected] or contact Laurent Dhollande at 650-320-7677.
Why partner with Pacific Workplaces?
Our competitive position in Northern California is unrivaled:
- We are the largest independent operator of on-demand office space in Northern California.
- We are the Bay Area anchor of CloudTouchdown™, the most sophisticated network of on-demand office operators with 500 locations worldwide, all highly professional, with on-premise staffed, furnished offices, meeting rooms, and other touchdown office space our mobile members benefit from at preferential rates.
- We have a keen regional market focus to benefit from Regional economies of scale. We believe that this combination between our local focus as an operator and our global reach via our affiliation with the CloudTouchdown™ network is the successful formula that enables us to effectively curate our local communities, while generating regional economies of scale, without un-necessary overhead.
- Our landlord-partners have found Pacific Workplaces operations to be stable and desirable.
- The first Pacific Workplace opened in Pleasant Hill in 1985 under the “Pacific Business Center” brand. We changed the concept over time but the operation is still thriving.
- Our Walnut Creek location opened for business as a shared office space in 1979, long before we took it over from Regus in 2004 and changed the concept to make what was a marginal franchise operation very successful under Pacific Workplaces’ management.
- We opened multiple locations in 2008 and 2009, with deals negotiated right before the Great Recession. All of these locations are up and running, and thriving: we are Great Recession tested!
- We got involved with coworking and virtual office operations early on, fine tuned the operational recipe, and have generated great ROI from these businesses too.
A Pacific Workplaces operation is an attractive amenity in a large office building development for many reasons including:
- Seeding future space demand: as smaller tenants outgrow their Pacific Workplaces occupancy, many move in larger space in the same office building development.
- Bringing Life to your mixed use development: Our “Third Places” bring desirable traffic and entrepreneurial energy to the communities where we operate, which benefits a mixed use development retail component, and the overall contribution the developer is bringing to the local community, via the incubation of start-ups and the curation of an ecosystem of local entrepreneurs.
- Access to a central service infrastructure: The service infrastructure we have inside our centers is a valuable amenity available to other tenants in the building (particularly those with occupancy of less than 5,000 Square feet) at no incremental cost to landlords. This might include: on-site IT support, server co-location services, Network infrastructure management, answering services and mail services, and access to our conference center.
- Attractive credit Risk: the best collateral to the landlord is the operation itself. Because of the high price elasticity nature of the business, it is not too difficult for an experienced operator to manage a center to full occupancy, even in a down market. Poorly performing operators can be replaced.
For more information please contact us at [email protected] or call Laurent Dhollande at 650-320-7677.