Summary of Price and Reviews Comparison
In Q2 2020, we conducted a thorough comparative price analysis of Virtual Office Plans between Regus and Pacific Workplaces’ (PAC) locations. We picked centers that were closest to each other, and in buildings of relatively similar standing. Although we like to think that Pacific Workplaces provides a more attractive workplace, with state-of-the art technological environment, superior presentation equipment, and better curated communities, most outside observers would probably think that at first glance they are substantially similar to Regus’ locations. Hence, this analysis of price differences, and of Google and Yelp reviews for each location, is relevant and meaningful. We share the data in all transparency, using the same methodology everywhere. Note: The meeting room pricing shown is from December 2018 as we are still working to update that data.
*We started this comparison page in December of 2018 and do our best to update to reflect the most recent prices for both Pac and Regus. On March 27, 2019, Regus' counsel sent a letter asking us to remove this page, suggesting that our price comparisons are not on an apple-to-apple basis. Whereas there are differences in our respective product offerings which we indicated as accurately as we could, we have added in green some additional differences brought up by Regus' outside counsel, but we refuse to bend to what we see as intimidation by Regus designed to have us take the page down, as we believe that this page is informative and genuine. We have also added in green Regus’ arguments with our comments, for the sake of full transparency.
Here is what we found:
- On average, Basic Mail Plans are 34% more expensive at Regus than at a comparable, nearby, Pacific Workplaces location. In one case the prices were the same. In the best case, Regus digital mailbox plans were more than twice as expensive as Mail Plans offered by Pacific Workplaces.
- Regus’ “Virtual Office” packages are, on average, 15% more expensive than the Pacific Workplaces “V-Office” Package, while the V-Office Plan of Pacific Workplaces is significantly more flexible than the Regus equivalent. For example, a standard V-Office plan at Pacific Workplaces gives members free access to 20 hours of Day Offices each month, or 20 credits that can be used in larger meeting rooms. The Regus closest package, on the other hand, provides access to only 2 days of Day Office access. This means that if you stay only 2 hours in a Regus Day Office, you have exhausted one full day of your two-day allowance, whereas at Pacific Workplaces you have consumed only 2 hours of Day Office use (or 2 credits), leaving you 18 credits to use in the same month!
*Regus informed us they offer a free lounge membership that includes unlimited access to lounges worldwide with their Virtual Plans. Pacific Workplaces also offers free access to the business lounge at the Virtual Plan member's home location, but no free access to business lounges at other locations. Access to other locations, including our CloudVO Global Network, comes at a premium but provides access to day offices and meeting rooms, not just to business lounges. We believe that Regus has a similar product that also comes at a premium.
- Regus’ “Virtual Office Plus” packages, are on average, 22% more expensive than the Pacific Workplaces “V-Office Plus” Package, while the V-Office Plus plan of Pacific Workplaces includes more free services and is infinitely more flexible than the Regus equivalent. For example, a standard V-Office Plus plan at Pacific Workplaces gives free access to 50 hours of Day Offices each month, or 50 credits that can be used in larger meeting rooms, not just Day Offices. The Regus “Virtual Office Plus” package on the other hand, provides access to only 5 days of Day Office access per month. This means that even if you stay only two hours at a location, you have exhausted one full day of your five-day credit allowance. The similar “V-Office Plus” package at Pacific Workplaces allows you to consume only 2 credits in this example, leaving you with 48 credits to be used that month - in Day Offices or in any available meeting room - according to the credit system. The Pacific Workplaces V-Office Plus package also offers more services, such as free copies, scans, etc.
*Same comment as above as this applies to both our Virtual Office and Virtual Office Plus Plans.
- We also compared meeting room prices between Regus and Pacific Workplaces using 8 to 10-person conference rooms, on average. In some instances, other sized meeting rooms were benchmarked if that was the only option. On average, meeting rooms at Regus are 57% more expensive in comparison to meeting rooms at Pacific Workplaces.
*Regus pointed out that they offer free community meeting rooms on the same day for up to 2 hours, although we are unclear which memberships this applies. Our intent was to benchmark price comparisons for one-off/hourly online meeting room bookings. Additionally, Regus has informed us they've adopted a dynamic pricing model in which meeting room prices change daily depending on the time and day of the requested reservation. When we performed this analysis, we were unaware of the dynamic pricing feature when we captured the Regus data. Presumably, this means that the Regus prices could be higher or lower as a function of occupancy and other factors.
- Finally, realizing that price is not everything, and that customer service is a critical consideration in any office space and virtual office decision, we compared the customer review ratings published by Google and Yelp. We found that the average ratings from Google reviews was 4.4 on a scale of 5 for both Regus and Pacific Workplaces. However in the case of Yelp, the difference is more pronounced, with an average rating of 4.3 for Pacific Workplaces on a scale of 5, and a paltry 3.3 for Regus! See more customer rating comparisons between PAC and its competitors here.
In conclusion, Regus is no match for Pacific Workplaces on Virtual Office and Meeting Room prices, and Pacific Workplaces has achieved significantly better customer reviews on Yelp and Google. At the bottom of this page we will advance potential reasons for this.
Click on the tabs below to view location specific price comparisons.