Anyone else a little bit stir crazy?
Are you missing your coworking community?
Lucky for us, we live in a time where we have instant access to cultural, historical, educational, fitness, and entertainment platforms and resources from around the world—from the comfort of our homes.
Not a fan of virtual workouts? No problem, you can host Netflix viewing parties.
Ready to actually learn how to play that guitar that’s been collecting dust for years? You can get started with online lessons today.
Would you like to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of art history? You can tour many of the great museums and take online art—and art history classes, to boot.
Whatever you want to do, you can probably find an online version of it. Bonus: many world-class cultural and educational offerings are free right now. Try one of the suggestions below, search out a few faves, or explore them all. There’s no time like the present to pick up a new hobby, skill or interest.
Here are 11 of our favorite virtual entertainment ideas to make social distancing bearable
- Take Virtual Tours of famous museums, including:
Photo credit: Travel and Leisure.
- Play a virtual round of Cards Against Humanity
- Watch your favorite movies, television shows and stand-up comedy with your friends and host a Netflix Party
- Get your sweat on. The Peloton App is now free for 90 days and there are countless free yoga, fitness and workout videos on YouTube
- Get free guitar lessons from the fine folks at Fender
- Play Crosswords with Friends
- Start or join a virtual book club. Grab some friends, choose a book, fire up Zoom and voila, a virtual book club is born
- Increase your knowledge and expertise with a free, online, Ivy League course from Class Central
- Learn a new language or take a free literature or philossophy course from Open Culture
- Learn how to prepare and cook an Instagrammable meal from the Bon Appetit Test Kitchen
- Attend a live music event from your couch. Musicians are stepping up right now and sharing music with fans via streaming concerts. Here are three noteworthy, ongoing events:
What virtual entertainment are you gravitating to during the pandemic? How are you spending your time?
Whatever you do, stay safe, stay home. We can’t wait to cowork with you again. In the meantime, check out the Virtual Office Plans we offer while you work from home.