Small Business Marketing Tip: Google Maps
80% of searches for products and services take place on a search engine. For many small businesses and local businesses, the expense of pay per click advertising and the competition of search rankings can be a barrier to entry. However, through Google Maps, small and local businesses can appear in search engines for free.
- Get a Google Account
- Go To “Google Local Business Center” (Easy to find through a websearch.)
- Enter in:
- Company Name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Website (Remember to use http:// at the front)
- Business description (using descriptive words for your business)
- Applicable categories for your business
- On the next screen – fill in any additional info about your business (This is optional, but a photo is highly recommended
- Verify by phone. (Google will call you and give you a pin number which you can enter into the next screen.)
Currently serves as a Marketing Manager with a focus in online marketing and market strategy. Prior to joining Pacific Business Centers (rebranded as Pacific Workplaces), Nick consulted with small businesses to assist in a business development and public relations role.