Sacramento, California has a rich history that includes being a distribution point during the Gold Rush, being an agriculture hotbed and being an endpoint for the Pony Express, the Transcontinental Railroad and more.
These days, the Golden State’s capital city is known for its diversity, thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, food scene, arts and culture, and business environment. Sacramento is home to a growing number of coworking spaces and shared offices, including three Pacific Workplace locations downtown near the capitol, as well as workspaces on Watt and in Greenhaven. All three offer office rental, professional business identities and amenities, virtual offices and coworking.
Shared Office Rental in Sacramento, California
Whether you’re a small business owner, an independent professional, a remote worker, a freelancer or a startup, there’s a Sacramento shared workspace for you. Here are nine things to look for in a shared office space in Sacramento.
1. Professional Amenities: Shared office space should include professional amenities such as pro-quality printers and scanners, high-quality presentation displays, whiteboards and, yes, good coffee.
2. Meeting rooms: Regardless of your profession, chances are good that at some point you’ll need to meet with a client, a vendor, a collaborator or partner. Make sure your shared office in Sacramento offers access to meeting rooms and conference rooms. Several of the full-time office, coworking, and virtual office plans in Sacramento offered by Pacific Workplaces already include access to meeting rooms. Members can also add-on a bundle of 20 credits to any plan should they need more access to meeting space. Signing up for a bundle of meeting room credits a-la-carte or as a stand-alone service is also an option.
3. Flexible office space: The beauty of shared offices is that they offer a variety of workspace options. For example, one day you may want to work uninterrupted in a private office, but the next, you may want to take care of some administrative to-do’s in the shared workspace area while chatting with fellow members. Make sure you’ll have access to a variety of workspace areas.
4. Day office rental: Day offices enable visiting teams to set up and work for a day in a private office. They also offer overflow for existing workspace members to work on team brainstorms, work sprints and strategy sessions.
5. Virtual office: Having a virtual office in Sacramento can be a huge benefit for remote professionals, traveling business people, small businesses and startups. Pacific Workplaces virtual office offerings include mail services, live call answering, call forwarding, a professional business address, access to professional work and meeting space and much more.
6. Shared or private office: Some companies need a private office while others prefer a shared office with other businesses and professionals. Either way, make sure the shared office you’re looking at in Sacramento offers options that are right for you and your team.
7. Coworking area: There are a growing number of coworking spaces in Sacramento. But you don’t have to be in a dedicated coworking space to benefit from the serendipity and collaborative potential that comes with coworking. If you need an office in Sacramento, but are also drawn to the community aspect of coworking, find a space that includes a coworking area where you can connect and collaborate.
8. Community: Building on number 7 above, make sure your Sacramento shared office has a culture and community that suits you. Working in a shared office can boost your productivity, expand your professional and social network, and give you access to events and opportunities you might not otherwise have—but you have to find the right space for you. Spend time with the workspace community to make sure you feel a sense of connection, community and belonging.
9. Access to a network of spaces: One of the benefits of becoming a Pacific Workplaces member is the option to access to over 650 partner workspace locations through our sister company, CloudVO. If you’re on the road a lot and want to easily access spaces with the quality amenities you’re used to at Pacific Workplaces, check out the CloudTouchdown pass to access spaces around the world.
Pacific Workplaces offers pro-quality business amenities, office rental, coworking, virtual offices, private and shared offices and more. Looking for shared office space in Sacramento? Pacific Workplaces is a leader in the shared workspace industry, offering shared offices in 19 locations, including San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento. Find a Pacific Workplaces location near you.
Written by Cat Johnson, a content strategist and coworking member at NextSpace Santa Cruz